Health and Safety Officer
- Location: Delta, BC, Canada
- Full Time
- Understands and uses personal protective equipment (PPE), safe work practices, environmental stewardship practices and teamwork
- Conducts regular inspections, safety audits and hazard assessments of construction work locations, work groups, specific projects and individuals
- Identifies hazards and potential risks, and assist operations/contractors staff with eliminating or mitigating those hazards
- Understands fall protection risks and best practice
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable WorkSafe BC Legislation
- Understand confined spaces risks and best practices. Must be capable of preparing risk evaluations, planning, and supervision around confined spaces.
- Advises jobsite managers on HSE-related matters
- Conducts first level investigations of worksite accidents, injuries, prepares reports and assists with employee medical needs as required.
- Report accidents to WorkSafeBC as per OHS regulation.
- Serves as core member of the emergency response team at facilities
- Supervises other Safety or Environmental technicians assigned
Role Specific Competencies:
- Ability to implement the principles and practices of occupational safety and health including food safety, industrial hygiene and environmental protection programs.
- Ability to interpret and effectively communicate technical documents such as Job Safety Analysis (JSA) to workers, visitors and any other appropriate personnel.
- Understanding of British Columbia, Occupational Health and Safety Regulation, general industry and/or construction standards.
- Ability to provide employee training using multiple delivery methods and media.
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communication to individuals and groups of various sizes who possess a wide range of language skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals in a wide range of situations, circumstances and settings as well as the ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce to achieve stated HSE objectives.
- Ability to act appropriately in emergencies.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screening, health screening and background check
- Must be capable of preparing risk evaluations, planning, and supervision
- Must be familiar with the proper use of fall protection equipment.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5+ years related Health and Safety experience in a manufacturing environment
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in Occupation Health & Safety, or similar discipline; CRSP designation an asset
- Ability to operate a computer effectively and the ability to use Microsoft Office products and other software applications effectively to manage information
- From $70,000 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
To apply to this position, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the Job Title.
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus Pay
- Do you have experience in manufacturing companies?