Everyone loves a good cookie. And what’s better than a good cookie? A coffee-inspired cookie! Try these Mocha Squares – with regular, or decaf coffee.
• 1 cup butter
• ½ cup powdered sugar
• ¼ tsp. salt
• 2 tsp. vanilla
• ¼ tsp. almond extract
• 2 tsp. instant coffee (sometimes this stuff comes in handy!)
• 1 tbsp. coffee (drip grind)
• 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
• 2 ½ cups flour
• 1 cup granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to oven to 325?.
2. Sift together flour, cocoa, and instant coffee. Set aside.
3. Cream butter, slowly adding powdered sugar.
4. Add salt, vanilla, and almond extract.
5. Add flour mix to the butter. Blend well.
6. Shape the dough into a long rectangle, 1 ½ inches on a side, and chill for an hour.
7. Slice into ¼-inch-thick slices, and place in oven to bake for 23-25 minutes.
8. While still warm, roll in granulated sugar and cool on a plate or pan.undefined
Swiss Water® Decaf
Swiss Water is an innovative, 100% chemical free decaffeination process
removing caffeine for coffee roasters around the world.