Logistics Coordinator - Outbound
To provide for efficient transfer of green coffee to and from external warehouses as required to meet customer needs.
- Location: Delta, BC, Canada
- Full Time
- Entry Level
- Arranging for the transfer of green coffee (working with transportation brokers and others) to and from external warehouses in an efficient and cost effective manner
- Planning and of inter-site transfers between local warehouse and production facilities
- Processing order transactions and manage the flow of goods within the ERP system
- Requesting and reviewing inventory maintenance (counts, re-weights, re-works, value added services), preparing and issuing certificates as required by customers
- Preparing various documentation including: Bills of Lading, Packing Slips, Customs Information, Prior Notices, Shipping Documents, weight certificates, load plans and Confirmation notices
- Following up with customers to arrange for ownership transfers and prepare required documentation
- Generating customer invoices and credit notes using Sage X3 software
- Administering toll loss summary information (calculate and issue credit notes as required)
- Scheduling and managing transportation brokers and other suppliers
- Tracking supplier and freight forwarder performance including timeliness, quality of equipment and cost
- Analyzing and improving current logistics process (by truck, rail, or ship)
- Handle inventory discrepancies for RG, FG and packaging materials
- Maintain paper and computer files for inventory control, invoicing, etc.
- Prepare and periodically update work instructions for all routine tasks
- Oversee and maintain warehouse appointment schedule
- University Degree or College Diploma and/or relevant work experience
- >3 years’ experience in a logistics role in related field
- Prior experience dealing with international and US bound shipments
- Prior experience working in the food industry is preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office software programs (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience working with an ERP system or inventory management system highly desirable
- Experience issuing invoices and credit memos in an accounting system
- Keen attention to detail
- Problem solver possessing a “can do” attitude
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask without making errors in a fast paced environment
- Analytical ability to compare and contrast routes, carriers, rates, etc. so as to improve the flow of goods
- Strong negotiation skills
- The ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Effective communication skills (listening, speaking and written communication)
- Amiable, patient and cooperative with co-workers, suppliers and customers
- Passion for coffee!
You are expected to:
- Arrange for the efficient flow of goods to meet customer requirements in a timely manner
- Work with sales, operations & procurement, as well as customers and suppliers, to ensure raw materials and finished goods arrive when and where required
- Handle all the logistics process and support company owned warehouse operations.
- To provide expertise in traffic management (rate negotiations, identify opportunities/alternatives, best practices) to the company.
Interacts with all levels within the organization
External interactions are with ground and ocean transportation providers, USA FDA Bio-terrorism Regulations, customs brokers, external warehouses, and customers.
To apply to this position, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com and reference the Job Title.