March 19, 2020
As developments about COVID-19 (Coronavirus) continue to unfold, Swiss Water Decaffeinated Coffee Inc. is committed to protecting our employees, our operations and our customers. We are diligently monitoring the World Health Organization, Public Health Agency of Canada and the US Centers for Disease Control for updates and making adjustments as guidance evolves.
The following reflects the current state of our business and operations:
- Our Burnaby, B.C. processing facility continues to operate as usual; currently there are no issues with coffee supply, equipment or labor
- To minimize transmission risk and protect coffee supply, we are following CDC guidelines internally across all Swiss Water offices and production facilities. The cleaning staff in each location is employing cleaning protocols to address COVID-19 transmission. Employees are asked to be diligent and to follow the CDC guidelines, including staying at home if feeling ill. We have also postponed all business-related travel. Employees in satellite sales and marketing offices located out of Seattle (U.S.A.) and Bordeaux (France) are following government mandates to stay at home and will be conducting business remotely; we expect minimal delays or disruption to usual business activity in these locations.
- Seaforth warehouse operations continue as usual
External supply chain and transit status:
- Warehouses throughout the US and Canada continue to function with minor changes to their operations
- Trucks and rail transit are freely crossing the border without issue
Please rest assured that we will continue to monitor the situation very closely and follow up with updates as appropriate.