Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, Swiss Water Decaffeinated Coffee Company (SWDCC) is a premium decaffeinator of specialty green coffee. The process is 100% chemical free using water and our proprietary carbon technology to extract caffeine. This results in green coffee beans that are 99.9% caffeine-free, ready to be roasted by leading coffee roasters and brand owners throughout the world. We pride ourselves on knowing coffee. We purchase premium beans from various origins and decaffeinate for the benefit of the industry. We also toll decaffeinate green coffee beans that have been sourced by our customers. The Swiss Water® Process is organically certified and the world’s only consumer branded decaffeination process, and our coffees are in demand by leading coffee brands and decaf coffee consumers. Brands that utilize our process can be found in retail outlets throughout the world and our opportunities for growth remain strong.
This position plays an essential role in ensuring the safe, effective and efficient operation of the production plant and warehouse on a daily basis. As a member of the operations team, the Production Coordinator communicates all necessary information to plant personnel and other departments in order to fulfill customer orders accurately and completely. The successful candidate will work with the Master Planner and the Supply Chain Analyst to coordinate workflow to meet supply chain considerations while using integrated planning techniques to meet customer requirements. This includes coordinating inbound and outbound shipping and receiving to the plant, to ensure the efficient operation and timely delivery of raw and finished goods. The Production Coordinator also works closely with the Process Supervisor to coordinate equipment maintenance and process improvement projects. The successful candidate will also use the manufacturing execution and enterprise resource planning systems for order fulfillment, monitor critical quality parameters, reconcile discrepancies, investigate non-conformance and report on KPIs. This position also plays a key role in the ongoing implementation of lean manufacturing and Quality Management System improvements.
• Coordinate daily production activities to ensure customer orders are fulfilled accurately and in compliance with operational specifications, standard operating procedures and productivity targets.
• Process work orders in the MES and ERP systems, and working with the IT and finance teams to investigate and resolve discrepancies.
• Ensure compliance with the Quality Management System, food safety programs and safety initiatives.
• Ongoing communication with the Master Planner, plant personnel, the customer service and logistics team, key suppliers and others to ensure the efficient operation of the plant and warehouse.
• Coordinate production activities with the Process Supervisor for Preventative Maintenance opportunities and efficiencies.• Participate in and support Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
• Participate in weekly production planning and operations meetings.
• Experience working in an automated food or beverage processing plant.
• Very good analytical, organizational and time management skills.
• Experience working with MES and ERP systems for order fulfillment.• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
• Project planning experience an asset.
• Physically fit to walk plant floor on a regular basis.
• Formal supervisor training an asset.
Skills & Personal Attributes:
• Versatile, flexible, and able to work well independently and as part of a team.
• Fast learner with a “can do” attitude.
• Enjoys identifying opportunities for improvement and solving problems.
• Reliable, accountable and trust-worthy.
• Detail oriented and well organized.
• Effective communication skills (listening, speaking & writing).