Does anyone ever need an excuse to bake cookies? Or to eat cookies for that matter? If the bleak weather and sub-arctic temperatures aren’t reason enough, consider the fact that the holidays are just around the corner, and that our recipe for these decadent coffee cookies has been approved by the entire office.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup finely ground coffee beans
1 teaspoon baking soda
A pinch of salt
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tbps butter, room temperature
2 tbsp freshly brewed coffee
1 cup icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350°, and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, beat together 2tbsp butter with brewed coffee. Add icing sugar, and beat until smooth; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, coffee, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
4. In a large bowl, cream together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add dry ingredients and mix until it just combined.
5. Drop tablespoon-sized balls of dough about on 2 inches apart on your baking sheets.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven, Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely. Drizzle glaze over cookies, and let glaze set.
7. Eat and enjoy! And maybe share with loved ones… maybe.