Sales & Marketing Assistant: 12 Month Contract
Headquartered in Burnaby, British Columbia, the Swiss Water Decaffeinated Coffee Company (SWDCC)
is a premium decaffeinator of specialty green coffee. The process is 100% chemical free using water and
our proprietary carbon technology to extract caffeine. This results in green coffee beans that are 99.9%
caffeine-free, ready to be roasted by leading coffee roasters and brand owners throughout the world.
We are an innovative, growing and socially conscious company where every employee contributes to
our success. We pride ourselves on knowing coffee. All employees are provided the opportunity to learn
about coffee and are encouraged to participate in our daily coffee cuppings, where we sample a variety
of coffees for quality control purposes. If you love coffee, want to work in a dynamic growing company,
and have strong work ethic, we want to hear from you!
Based in our Head Office and decaffeination facility in Burnaby, the Sales and Marketing Assistant will be responsible to execute with confidence a variety of customer and consumer marketing and support initiatives that are valuable and timely to ensure success of the marketing plan. This position will entail learning and managing the company’s Customer Education and Support Program and assist the Brand Manager in other marketing initiatives as required.
• Timely customer management and sales aids order fulfillment
• Implement and execute branding tools for US market
• Track and maintain Trademark License Agreements
• Provide Sales with brand support
• Reporting on Marketing KPIs
• Engage with customers and consumers through social media channels
• Report and analyze social media KPIs
• Track, update and assist with customer labels and packaging
• Provide input on website locator
• Maintain customer database
• Customer and consumer communication – phone and email
• Participate in daily coffee cuppings
• Keep informed of developments in the coffee industry
• Currently enrolled or completed post-secondary education in Business or Marketing Program
• Minimum of 1-2 years Administration or Marketing experience
• Graphic design skills an asset
• Experience in food and beverage industry an asset
Skills & Personal Attributes:
• Confident and effective communication skills – speaking, listening & writing
• Demonstrated ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, take direction, exercise good judgement and multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills, versatile, flexible and has the ability to work independently or as part of team
Qualified applicants are invited to send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with reference to “Swiss Water – Sales & Marketing Assistant” in your subject line.
In order to be considered for the Sales and Marketing Assistant position, you must answer the following questions in your cover letter:
1. What do you think makes a great sales/marketing assistant?
2. What does having a proactive, can-do attitude mean to you?
3. Describe an example of a time when you had to be an exceptional representative of your employer with a customer when there was a problem. How did you feel? What would have made this experience more successful?