Coffee Trader, Seattle Office
Headquartered in Burnaby, British Columbia, the Swiss Water Decaffeinated Coffee Company (SWDCC) is a premium decaffeinator of specialty green coffee. The process is 100% chemical free using water and our proprietary carbon technology to extract caffeine. This results in green coffee beans that are 99.9% caffeine-free, ready to be roasted by leading coffee roasters and brand owners throughout the world.
We are an innovative, growing and socially conscious company where every employee contributes to our success. We pride ourselves on knowing coffee. All employees are provided the opportunity to learn about coffee and are encouraged to participate in our daily coffee cuppings, where we sample a variety of coffees for quality control purposes.
If you love coffee, want to work in a dynamic growing company, and have a keen attention to detail, we want to hear from you!
Vice President, Trading
Based in our new Seattle sales office, the Coffee Trader will be responsible for sales of decaffeinated coffees to the matrix of coffee importers, brokers and dealers who distribute to specialty coffee roasters in North America, as well as to roasters who are serviced directly by SWDCC. This position will entail management of existing customer relationships as well as new business development. Promotion of SWDCC products, process and brand will be integral to this position.
Key responsibilities include:
- Sales of SWISS WATER® Decaffeinated products
- Development of new business
- Source and purchase green coffee
- Maintain and strengthen existing customer relationships
- Represent SWDCC at tradeshows and key industry events (e.g. Roaster’s Guild), promote SWDCC’s premium positioning, and promote the benefits of the SWISS WATER® Process
- Recommend new products to supplement current product offerings
- Sample roast green and green decaffeinated coffees
- Analysis of green and decaffeinated coffee through cuppings
- Keep abreast of developments in the green coffee and roasted coffee industries
- Domestic and international travel
- Work with and maintain specialized coffee lab equipment
- 3+ years direct work experience in the coffee industry
- Experience roasting, cupping, and/or quality assurance within the specialty coffee industry
- Experience in sales, preferably green coffee trading
- Strong knowledge of coffee characteristics, cup profiles and quality of various origins
- Contract management skills and effective negotiation skills
- College degree and/or relevant work experience
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 8 times a year, for up to 1 week at a time
Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Passionate about Coffee!
- Effective communication skills (listening, speaking & writing)
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, exercise good judgment and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills
- Versatile, flexible and has the ability to work independently or as part of team
- The ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
Qualified applicants are invited to send a resume and cover letter with “Coffee Trader” in the subject line, to: firstname.lastname@example.org