Electrical Maintenance Technician
The successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance and troubleshooting of the electrical and process control systems within the plant. The position requires a high performing responsible individual with the ability to be self-managed with very good communication skills and organizational skills.
Having strong organizational and interpersonal communications skills are essential to improve the operational efficiency and meet corporate objectives. Continuous communication with the Production Supervisor, Master Planner, Process Supervisor, Plant Engineer, mechanical maintenance crew, is essential to ensure the consistency and the reliability of operations. This position is critical in the implementation and participation in Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
This position is very dependent on a good troubleshooting skills and logical approaches to operational issues.
Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, Swiss Water Decaffeinated Coffee Company (SWDCC) is a premium decaffeinator of specialty green coffee. he process is 100% chemical free using water and our proprietary carbon technology to extract caffeine. We pride ourselves on knowing coffee. The SWISS WATER® Process is organically certified and the world’s only consumer branded decaffeination process. We invest in consumer insight and support the category by generating increased levels of consumer awareness. SWISS WATER® processed decaffeinated coffee is in demand by leading coffee brands and decaf coffee consumers. Brands that utilize our process can be found in retail outlets throughout the world and our opportunities for growth remain strong.
Vice President, Operations
Diagnose and maintain all process systems, including those controlled by programmable logic controllers, microprocessors and microcomputers, and the mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic functions of such systems.
- Installs, constructs, inspects, alters, repairs, replaces, services
- Tests and calibrates mechanical, electrical and electronic parts and/or components of such systems to specified tolerances defined in manuals, drawings or gained from operational experience.
- Provides effective, efficient and timely troubleshooting services, repairs and adjustments to all process and control systems.
- Performs equipment overhauls, repairs and re-assemblies to specified tolerances.
- Maintains the work site and shop in a clean, safe, orderly fashion and carries out all work assignments in a safe manner.
- Documents work activities, orders parts and materials as required and maintains all machine and parts records.
- Maintains documentation of PLC programs and electrical drawings.
- Carries out preventative maintenance on all process systems based on PM schedule.
- Conforms to all company GMP, HACCP, Safety and Environmental policies.
- Performs other related or miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- A valid Trades Qualification in Electrical and or Instrumentation.
- Must possess experience with or training in process control systems, preferably both programmable logic controllers and computerized process control. Modicon Quantum PLC with Concept programming, Delta V experience highly desirable.
- Experience with Robotics and process weigh scales desirable.
- Experience with burner controls would be an asset.
- Must be able to operate as part of a production team, with minimal supervision, in a continuous process environment.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills in order to communicate and document problem areas, in an accurate and legible manner.
- Must possess logical and analytical thinking abilities with the ability to stay calm in emergency situations.
- Must possess mechanical and electronic aptitude to troubleshoot and utilize computer and mechanical systems.
- Must be able to read, understand and utilize instrument panels, computer terminals and operating manuals.
- Must be able to lift / move required materials.
Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Versatile, flexible, and able to work well independently and as part of a team
- Fast learner with a “can do” attitude
- Enjoys identifying opportunities for improvement and solving problems
- Reliable, accountable and trust-worthy
- Detail oriented and well organized
If you meet our requirements, send a resume outlining your qualifications along with a cover letter identifying why you are a great fit for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org